Monday, August 24, 2009

Love you Chicago, but I gotta get to know LA first.

I've been a handful of different places in the last couple months and now here I am in Chicago. Random? Yes indeed. By all means I shouldn't really be here, based on my bank account at least. Which leads me to thinking I need to jump ship before I've even gotten into bed with the windy city, beautiful though she may be. I road tripped out here just yesterday with Ekahn to move good all Queen Bess across the country and damn, there is a lot of corn between home and here. So now that I'm here I realize that I can't sustain this, I've gotta get back home and regroup! That's exactly what I think I'm going to do. Catch a train home and make my way back to LA, with a mind for spending some more time in SB's big sister city. How is it that I've been jerking around in SB for so long without taking more trips to the land of big movies and even bigger attitudes? I mean come on. So that's the game plan, head home and explore the closer country, find that little club scene that lives just south of my quiet beach town.

There is a dog staring at my crotch right now, should I be offended? Oh wait no there is a ball placed between my legs, that must make it all okay. Damn do I want a dog! Except that everyone I tell that to looks at me like I'm nuts. Come on, how hard can it be?

Anyways, I have no insight into Chicago. I've spent a total of 2 hours out on the town, a combination of both no money and no idea where I am. Lame excuses but I'm still trying to grab a little mid-western footing. I did look around Division St. though and whoa! Beautiful people and rad looking shops. Plenty of food and tons of music venues! To quote the good CA governor, "I'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sucking the marrow out of life.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers